The latest addition to March’s UFC London card? A light heavyweight scrap between Nikita Krylov and Paul Craig.
Promotion officials announced the bout Friday on social media. UFC London takes place March 19, 2022 at the O2 Arena in London, England.
Krylov (26-8, 1NC), ranked #9 in the UFC’s 205lb weight class, last competed in February 2021, in a losing effort against fellow contender Magomed Ankalaev. “The Miner” has traded wins and losses across his last four fights, getting the better of Johnny Walker and Ovince Saint Preux during that stretch.
Craig (15-4-1), the Scottish fighter known as the “Bearjew,” has won three straight, and is undefeated in his last five bouts, with four wins and a draw. Most recently, he finished Jamahal Hill with a stoppage that saw Hill’s arm dislocated before he was put away with elbows.
A win over Shogun Rua came in the fight prior to the Hill bout; that was a rematch of Craig’s 2019 draw with the Brazilian legend and former UFC light heavyweight champion.
UFC London is expected to be headlined by a heavyweight bout between Tom Aspinall and Alexander Volkov. The following fights have been reported for the event thus far:
- Alexander Volkov vs. Tom Aspinall
- Jack Shore vs. Timur Valiev
- Jake Hadley vs. Allan Nascimento
- Luana Carolina vs. Molly McCann
- Muhammad Mokaev vs Cody Durden
- Makwan Amirkhani vs. Mike Grundy
- Sergei Pavlovich vs. Shamil Abdurakhimov
- Arnold Allen vs. Dan Hooker
- Gunnar Nelson vs. Cláudio Silva
- Cory McKenna vs. Elise Reed
- Nathaniel Wood vs. Liudvik Sholinian
- Paddy Pimblett vs. Rodrigo Vargas
- Nikita Krylov vs. Paul Craig