A pair of bantamweight prospects will throw down at the UFC’s February PPV event.
MMA Fighting was the first to report that Ronnie Lawrence will fight Mana Martinez at UFC 271 on February 12. A source close to the situation subsequently confirmed the bantamweight fight to Cageside Press.
Lawrence (7-1) is riding a four-fight win streak and picked up his first UFC win against Vince Cachero at UFC Fight Night: Rozenstruik vs. Gane. Lawrence was scheduled to face Trevin Jones in July, but was forced to pull out the fight due to a botched weight cut on the day of weigh-ins.
Martinez (9-2) also picked up his first UFC win in his debut with promotion at UFC Fight Night: Barboza vs. Chikadze on August 28. He defeated Guido Cannetti via split decision. Before his UFC debut, he knocked out both Jose Johnson and Casey Jones in a minute or less on the regional scene.
No location, venue, or broadcast plan has been officially announced for the February 12 UFC pay-per-view. However, the highly anticipated middleweight championship rematch between Israel Adesanya and Robert Whittaker is rumored to headline the event.
UFC 271 currently looks like this:
- Douglas Silva de Andrade vs. Sergey Morozov
- AJ Dobson vs. Jacob Malkoun
- Kyler Phillips vs. Marcelo Rojo
- Renato Moicano vs. Alexander Hernandez
- Casey O’Neill vs. Roxanne Modafferi
- Vinc Pichel vs. Mark O. Madsen
- Carlos Ulberg vs. Fabio Cherant
- Blood Diamond vs. Orion Cosce
- Ronnie Lawrence vs. Mana Martinez