A pair of very exciting UFC bantamweights will collide in December.
MMA Junkie was first to report the news that Raoni Barcelos will fight Trevin Jones as part of the promotion’s December 18 event. A source close to the situation subsequently confirmed the fight to Cageside Press.
Barcelos (16-2) had his nine-fight win streak snapped in June. He lost a majority decision to Timur Valiev at UFC Fight Night: Gane vs. Volkov, but on the plus side, was awarded Fight of the Night. Before that loss, the Brazilian went 5-0 in the promotion with wins over Said Nurmagomedov, Chris Gutiérrez, Khalid Taha and others.
After starting his UFC career on fire, Jones (13-7-1) ran into some horrible luck in 2021. Four of his five opponents pulled out their fight between July 24 and August 21, leaving him opponent-less and having to cut weight twice in a short span. UFC newcomer Saidyokub Kakhramonov finally answered the call and ended up submitting Jones in his last outing, snapping his win streak.
UFC Fight Night: Lewis vs. Daukaus will take place at the UFC Apex in Las Vegas, NV. No broadcast plan has been announced.
The December 18 card currently breaks down as follows:
- Derrick Lewis vs. Chris Daukaus
- Amanda Lemos vs. Nina Ansaroff
- Raphael Assunção vs. Ricky Simón
- Raquel Pennington vs. Julia Avila
- Raoni Barcelos vs. Trevin Jones
- Andre Ewell vs. Charles Jourdain
- Anthony Hernandez vs. Dustin Stoltzfus
- Don’Tale Mayes vs. Josh Parisian
- Gerald Meerschaert vs. Abusupiyan Magomedov
- Jordan Leavitt vs. Matt Sayles
- Justin Tafa vs. Harry Hunsucker