A pair of UFC lightweights will be vying for the top 15 in November.
On Thursday, Joel Alvarez announced on his Instagram that he will be fighting No. 15 ranked lightweight Thiago Moises on November 13 at UFC Fight Night: Holloway vs. Rodríguez.
Moises (15-5) had his three-fight win streak snapped in July. In his first UFC main event, he was submitted for the first time in his career by Islam Makhachev. Before losing to Makhachev, Moises had wins over Michael Johnson, Bobby Green, and Alexander Hernandez.
Alvarez (18-2) will be looking to snatch Moises’ No. 15 ranking come November. By the time Alvarez steps back into the octagon, it will be more than a year since he last competed. “El Fenómeno” is riding a three-fight win streak with all of his wins coming by way of stoppage. His only loss in six years was to Damir Ismagulov in his promotional debut.
No location, venue, or broadcast plan has been announced for the November 20 event, but promotion President Dana White said that all Fight Nights will be staying at the Apex in Las Vegas, NV.
So far, the November 13 card features the following match-ups:
- Max Holloway vs. Yair Rodríguez
- Ovince Saint Preux vs. Philipe Lins
- Jessica Eye vs. Andrea Lee
- Lando Vannata vs. Tucker Lutz
- Ben Rothwell vs. Marcos Rogerio de Lima
- Sean Woodson vs. Collin Anglin
- Eryk Anders vs. Roman Dolidze
- Julio Arce vs. Song Yadong
- Thiago Moisés vs. Joel Álvarez