A pair of lightweights will throw down in October as the UFC returns to ‘Fight Island.’
The promotion announced Wednesday via press release that Damir Ismagulov will fight Magomed Mustafaev at UFC 267 on October 30, which will take place on Yas Island in Abu Dhabi, otherwise known as ‘Fight Island.’
Ismagulov (20-1) has been perfect through four fights in the UFC and is riding a 15-fight win streak from 2015. After not fighting in 2020, the Russian-born Kazakh fighter returned to action against Rafael Alves in May at UFC Fight Night: Font vs. Garbrandt. He won via unanimous decision. Ismagulov holds wins over Joel Alvarez and Thiago Moises, and with a win on October 30, he is likely to enter the top 15 rankings.
Mustafaev (14-3) will be returning from a 20-month layoff when he enters the octagon on October 30. He was last in action against Brad Riddell at UFC Fight Night: Felder vs. Hooker, where he lost via unanimous decision. Before that loss, he knocked out hot prospect Rafael Fiziev in less than two minutes in 2019.
UFC 267 is expected to be a free pay-per-view, and if promotion President Dana White gets his way, it will be the company’s third ABC card. Jan Blachowicz vs. Glover Teixeira will headline the event.
The UFC 267 fight card so far looks like this:
- Jan Blachowicz vs. Glover Teixeira – for the light heavyweight title
- Aljamain Sterling vs. Petr Yan – for the bantamweight title
- Islam Makhachev vs. Rafael dos Anjos
- Amanda Ribas vs. Virna Jandiroba
- Khamzat Chimaev vs. Li Jingliang
- Walt Harris vs. Tai Tuivasa
- Alexander Volkov vs. Marcin Tybura
- Michał Oleksiejczuk vs. Shamil Gamzatov
- Tagir Ulanbekov vs. Allan Nascimento
- Zubaira Tukhugov vs. Ricardo Ramos
- Makwan Amirkhani vs. Tristan Connelly
- Alen Amedovski vs. Hu Yaozong
- Damir Ismagulov vs. Magomed Mustafaev