Niko Price wanted a chance to right the ship and he’s received one in the form of another exciting welterweight.
MMAJunkie was first to report the news that Price and Alex Oliveria will fight on October 2 at UFC Fight Night: Santos vs. Walker.
After starting out 2020 on a winning streak, Oliveria (22-10-1) is on the second two-fight skid of his UFC career. He defeated Max Griffin and Peter Sobotta but then got submitted by a debuting Shavkat Rakhmonov in the first round. In his most recent fight, Randy Brown also submitted “Cowboy” Oliveria in the first round.
Like his opponent, Price (14-5-2) is also on a two-fight losing streak with a draw-turned no-contest smashed in the middle of the skid. At UFC 264, Price lost a unanimous decision to Michel Pereria.
View this post on Instagram
Price posted on his social media that he signed a new four-fight deal. “Me vs. Olivera October 2nd!!! Also signed a new contract baby! You guys get at least 4 more fights outta me and I’ll make them all entertaining,” Price wrote.
No location, venue, or broadcast plan has been announced for the October 2 event, but UFC President Dana White said that all Fight Nights will be staying at the UFC Apex in Las Vegas, NV. The October 2 show is expected to be headlined by Johnny Walker and Thiago Santos.
The fight card so far looks like this:
- Johnny Walker vs. Thiago Santos
- Aspen Ladd vs. Macy Chiasson
- Kevin Holland vs. Kyle Daukaus
- Diego Ferreira vs. Grant Dawson
- Joe Solecki vs. Jared Gordon
- Niko Price vs. Alex Oliveira
- Misha Cirkunov vs. Krzysztof Jotko
- Bethe Correia vs. Karol Rosa
- Sean Soriano vs. Fernando Padilla
- Douglas Silva de Andrade vs. Gaetano Pirrello
- Jamie Mullarkey vs. Devonte Smith
- Johnny Eduardo vs. Alejandro Pérez
- Alexander Hernandez vs. Leonardo Santos