A pair of UFC lightweights will look to get back into the win column in October.
MMA Fighting was first to report that Alexander Hernandez will fight Leonardo Santos on October 2 at a yet-to-announced UFC event. Santos and Hernandez’s camp would confirm the booking on Instagram.
After starting perfect in the big show, Hernandez (12-4) has alternated wins and losses in his last four fights. In his most recent loss, he was defeated by Thiago Moisés via unanimous decision. Before that, he picked up his second knockout win over Chris Gruetzemacher last year on Halloween.
Santos (18-4-1) suffered his first loss in 12 years in his last outing. At UFC on ESPN: Brunson vs. Holland in March, he was knocked out with one second left in the fight by Grant Dawson. In his only fight in 2020, he defeated Roman Bogatov via unanimous decision. The Brazilian holds a submission win over Kevin Lee.
No location, venue, or broadcast plan has been announced for the October 2 event, but UFC President Dana White said that all Fight Nights will be staying at the UFC Apex in Las Vegas, NV. The October 2 show is expected to be headlined by Johnny Walker and Thiago Santos.
The fight card so far looks like this:
- Johnny Walker vs. Thiago Santos
- Joe Solecki vs. Jared Gordon
- Bethe Correia vs. Karol Rosa
- Diego Ferreira vs. Grant Dawson
- Jamahal Hill vs. Jimmy Crute
- Sean Soriano vs. Fernando Padilla
- Douglas Silva de Andrade vs. Gaetano Pirrello
- Kevin Holland vs. Kyle Daukaus
- Aspen Ladd vs. Macy Chiasson
- Jamie Mullarkey vs. Devonte Smith
- Johnny Eduardo vs. Alejandro Pérez
- Alexander Hernandez vs. Leonardo Santos