Former interim lightweight title challenger Kevin Lee will return in July in his new weight class.
ESPN was first to announce the news that Lee will be moving up to welterweight for the foreseeable future in his return fight, and he will be fighting No. 13 ranked Sean Brady. Brady would confirm the news on his Instagram Story.
Lee (18-6) has been out since his last loss to current lightweight champion Charles Oliveira last year. He was submitted in the third round of their main event and missed weight as well. Before that loss, he would be the first man to defeat Gregor Gillespie by knocking him out at UFC 244. During his time away, Lee tore his ACL in both knees and had surgery. “The Motown Phenom” has had one fight in the UFC at welterweight; he lost to Rafael Dos Anjos via submission.
Brady (14-0) has been perfect in the UFC, winning all four of his fights. He went 2-0 in 2020 by defeating Ismail Naurdiev and then submitting Christian Aguilera – winning Performance of The Night for his efforts. Earlier this year in March, he defeated Jake Matthews, snapping his four-fight win streak and jumping into the top 15 rankings.
UFC 264 will take place at T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas and will be headlined by Conor McGregor and Dustin Poirier.
With the latest addition, UFC 264 card looks like this:
- Dustin Poirier vs. Conor McGregor
- Gilbert Burns vs. Stephen Thompson
- Ryan Hall vs. Ilia Topuria
- Jessica Eye vs. Jennifer Maia
- Sean O’Malley vs. Louis Smolka
- Kevin Lee vs. Sean Brady
- Omari Akhmedov vs. Brad Tavares
- Jerome Rivera vs. Zhalgas Zhumagulov
- Greg Hardy vs. Tai Tuivasa
- Dricus Du Plessis vs. Trevin Giles
- Irene Aldana vs. Yana Kunitskaya
- Alen Amedovski vs. Hu Yaozong