After a huge blunder at weigh-ins last month, Jeremy Stephens returns in July.
MMA Junkie was first to report that Stephens will make his return to lightweight against Mateusz Gamrot on July 17 at UFC Fight Night 191. Both fighters confirmed their booking on their Instagrams.
Stephens (28-18) was supposed to fight Drakkar Klose on April 17, but the fight was canceled when Klose was injured because Stephens pushed him at weigh-ins. St
“Lil Heathen” has not fought in the lightweight division since December 8, 2012, when he fought Yves Edwards at UFC on Fox: Henderson vs. Diaz. He has since fought the who’s who of the featherweight division. Stephens will be looking to get his first win since he knocked out Josh Emmett in 2018 in a main event scrap. He has gone 0-4 with one no-contest since that victory. As an aside, Stephens did miss weight his last time out by 4.5 lbs.
Gamrot (18-1) bounced back from his first professional loss at UFC on ABC 2: Vettori vs. Holland when he stopped Scott Holtzman in the second round. He was awarded Performance of the Night for his efforts. The Polish fighter spent most of his career in KSW until he was finally signed to the UFC.
No location, venue, or broadcast details have yet to be announced by the promotion for UFC’s July 17 Fight Night event. The main event has not been set.
With the addition of this fight, the fight card now looks like this:
- Miesha Tate vs Marion Reneau
- Islam Makhachev vs. Thiago Moises
- Ode Osbourne vs. Amir Albazi
- Mateusz Gamrot vs. Jeremy Stephens
- Khalid Taha vs. Sergey Morozov
- Billy Quarantillo vs. Herbert Burns
- Rodolfo Vieira vs. Dustin Stoltzfus
- Amanda Lemos vs. Montserrat Ruiz
- Cameron Else vs. Aaron Phillips
- Guram Kutateladze vs. Don Madge
- Malcolm Gordon vs. Francisco Figueiredo
- Miles Johns vs. Anderson dos Santos
- Phil Hawes vs. Deron Winn
- Alan Baudot vs. Rodrigo Nascimento