A pair of lightweights will look to get back in the win column at a UFC event in June. Expect fireworks.
MMA Junkie was the first to report the news that Renato Moicano will fight Jai Herbert on June 26 at a yet-to-be-announced UFC event. Moicano later confirmed the booking on his Instagram Story.
Moicano (14-4-1) started his 2020 out perfectly as he submitted Damir Hadžović in 44 seconds, snapping the first losing streak of his career. He would end the year back in the losing column as he was knocked out in the first round by Rafael Fiziev at UFC 256. Moicano will look to get back into the stacked lightweight spotlight come June.
Herbert (10-2) had his six-fight win streak snapped last July at UFC Fight Night: Whittaker vs. Til on ‘Fight Island.’ Francisco Trinaldo knocked him out in the third round, which led to the infamous confrontation between semi-retired fighter and commentator Dan Hardy and referee Herb Dean. “The Black Country Banger” was supposed to return in February against Drakkar Klose but withdrew from the fight. Herbert is a former Cage Warriors lightweight champion.
With the latest addition, the UFC’s June 26 fight card now looks like this:
- Ciryl Gane vs. Alexander Volkov
- Raoni Barcelos vs. Timur Valiev
- Maxim Grishin vs. Ovince Saint Preux
- Anthony Hernandez vs. Punahele Soriano
- Tim Elliott vs. Su Mudaerji
- Michel Prazeres vs. Shavkat Rakhmonov
- Justin Jaynes vs. Charles Rosa
- Renato Moicano vs. Jai Herbert
- Warlley Alves vs. Ramazan Emeev
- Danilo Marques vs. Ed Herman
- Isaac Villanueva vs. Marcin Prachnio