A pair of UFC welterweights will collide this June. Including a TUF winner.
MMA Fighting was the first to report the news that The Ultimate Fighter: Brazil 3 winner Warlley Alves will fight Ramazan Emmev on June 26 at a yet-to-be-announced UFC event. Both fighters would subsequently confirm the booking on their Instagram Stories.
Alves (14-4) returned in fantastic fashion early this year on ‘Fight Island.’ He finished hot prospect Mounir Lazzez in less than three minutes with a body kick. The TKO of Lazzez earned the Brazilian a Performance of the Night bonus. Alves had been out of action for 14 months prior.
Emeev (20-4) was also victorious on ‘Fight Island’ in January. A week before Alves finished Lazzez, Emeev defeated David Zawada via a split decision. The win was his second in a row and boosted him to 5-1 in the UFC. The Russian is a former M-1 middleweight champion.
With the latest addition, the UFC’s June 26 fight card now includes the following match-ups:
- Ciryl Gane vs. Alexander Volkov
- Raoni Barcelos vs. Timur Valiev
- Maxim Grishin vs. Ovince Saint Preux
- Anthony Hernandez vs. Punahele Soriano
- Tim Elliott vs. Su Mudaerji
- Michel Prazeres vs. Shavkat Rakhmonov
- Justin Jaynes vs. Charles Rosa
- Danilo Marques vs. Ed Herman
- Isaac Villanueva vs. Marcin Prachnio
- Warlley Alves vs. Ramazan Emeev