A pair of women’s bantamweights will be looking for their first UFC win in May.
Sarah Alpar’s management TKO Combat Sports & Entertainment announced Tuesday that she will be fighting Stephanie Egger on May 22 at a Fight Night event headlined by Rob Font vs. Cody Garbrandt. The fight will be her sophomore outing with the promotion.
Alpar (9-5) was unsuccessful in her UFC debut when she was left a bloody mess three weeks before her wedding by Jessica-Rose Clark last September at UFC Fight Night: Covington vs. Woodley. The loss snapped her three-fight winning streak that included a contract-winning performance on season four of Dana White’s Contender Series.
Switzerland’s Egger (5-2) also had her three-fight streak snapped last year in her UFC debut. She fought Tracy Cortez at UFC Fight Night: Moraes vs. Sandhagen on ‘Fight Island’ and lost a unanimous decision. Egger stepped in on short notice to replace Bea Malecki.
UFC Fight Night: Font vs. Garbrandt is expected to take place at the UFC Apex in Las Vegas and will most likely be broadcast on ESPN+.
With the latest addition, the May 22 fight card now looks like this:
- Cody Garbrandt vs. Rob Font
- Felicia Spencer vs. Danyelle Wolf
- Xionan Yan vs. Carla Esparza
- David Dvorak vs. Raulian Paiva
- Denys Bondar vs. Victor Rodriguez
- Rodrigo Nascimento vs. Alan Baudot
- Justin Tafa vs. Jared Vanderaa
- Josh Culibao vs. Yilan Sha
- Sarah Alpar vs. Stephanie Egger