Poliana Botelho will stay on the May 1 UFC event with a third opponent change.
As first reported by Combate, Luana Carolina will replace Mayra Bueno Silva and fight Botelho on May 1. Both fighters would confirm the booking via their social media.
On May 1, Poliana Botelho (8-3) will be looking to get back in the win column after suffering a unanimous decision loss to Gillian Robertson on ‘Fight Island.’ Botelho is 1-1 since moving up to flyweight, with her only win against Lauren Mueller. As a strawweight, the Brazilian went 2-1 inside the octagon but missed weight for her lone loss against Cynthia Calvillo. That prompted a move up to 125lbs, where she fought prior to joining the UFC.
Carolina (6-2) had her win streak snapped against Ariane Lipski at UFC Fight Night: Figueiredo vs. Benavidez 2 on ‘Fight Island.’ She lost via a nasty kneebar that sidelined her for the rest of the year. Before her loss to Lipski, “Dread” was on a six-fight win streak with a win over Priscila Cachoeira in her UFC debut.
The UFC’s May 1 event does not have an official location, venue, or broadcast details announced. The card currently consists of the following bouts:
- Jiri Prochazka vs. Dominick Reyes
- Cub Swanson vs. Giga Chikadze
- TJ Brown vs. Kai Kamaka III
- Dean Barry vs. Mike Jackson
- Poliana Botelho vs. Ji Yeon Kim
- B. Bhullar vs. Andreas Michailidis
- Sam Hughes vs. Loma Lookboonmee
- Damon Jackson vs. TJ Laramie
- Shamil Abdurakhimov vs. Augusto Sakai
- Krzysztof Jotko vs. Sean Strickland
- Gabriel Benitez vs. Jonathan Pearce
- Felipe Colares vs. Journey Newson
- Merab Dvalishvili vs. Cody Stamann
- Poliana Botelho vs. Luana Carolina