A pair of UFC lightweights will collide in May.
MMA DNA was first to report the news that Nikolas Motta will make his octagon debut on May 8 against Damir Hadzovic. No location or venue has been announced.
Motta (12-3) is coming off his contract-winning performance on season four of Dana White’s Contender Series. He defeated Joe Lowry via unanimous decision. The Brazilian is a former CFFC lightweight champion and is currently on a three-fight winning streak.
Hadzovic (13-6) will be looking to get back in the win column and snap his two-fight losing streak. The Danish fight was last in action at UFC Fight Night: Lee vs. Oliveira, the last fight card before the sports world shut down due to the COVID-19 pandemic. He was submitted in 44 seconds by Renato Moicano, which led to a comical conversation after the fight. A year prior, he was defeated by Christos Giagos, who snapped his two-fight winning streak. Hadzovic hasn’t had the best run in the UFC thus far but will be looking to change that.
The May 8 UFC event now includes:
- Donald Cerrone vs. Diego Sanchez
- Francisco Figueredo vs. Jimmy Flick
- Zarrukh Adashev vs. Ryan Benoit
- Holly Holm vs. Julianna Pena
- Marcos Rogerio de Lima vs. Maurice Greene
- Christian Aguilera vs. Carlston Harris
- Roxanne Modafferi vs. Taila Santos
- Tafon Nchukwi vs. Jun Yong Park
- Damir Hadzovic vs. Nikolas Motta