Carlos Condit will make his return to the Octagon against ex-Ultimate Fighter winner Court McGee on October 3.
MMA Fighting confirmed the matchup after Condit initially announced it on the Buck and Dex podcast. This will be Condit’s first fight since December of 2018. “The Natural Born Killer” is known as one of the most exciting fighters in UFC welterweight history. The ex-interim 170-pound champion has fallen on hard times as of late, however. He hasn’t won a fight since May of 2015, and is currently on a five-fight losing streak.
McGee has also struggled as of late, as he has dropped two-straight to the likes of Dhiego Lima and Sean Brady. Prior to his last win, an October 2018 decision victory over Alex Garcia, McGee was also on a two-fight losing skid. Both men go into October in desperate need of a victory, which could make for an exciting matchup. The October 3 card is expected to be headlined by a women’s bantamweight fight between Holly Holm and Irene Aldana. Check out the updated card below:
- Women’s bantamweight: Holly Holm vs. Irene Aldana
- Heavyweight: Yorgan de Castro vs. Carlos Felipe
- Women’s Strawweight: Loma Lookboonmee vs. Jinh Yu Frey
- Women’s Bantamweight: Germaine de Randamie vs. Julianna Peña
- Heavyweight: Tanner Boser vs. Andrei Arlovski
- Lightweight: Charles Oliveira vs. Beneil Dariush
- Welterweight: Carlos Condit vs. Court McGee[