LFA 74: Vanderaa vs. Ferreira was live on Friday, August 30, 2019. The live results are below.
LFA 74: Vanderaa vs. Ferreira live from the Riverside Municipal Auditorium in Riverside, California. The event was broadcast live on AXS TV.
In the main event, heavyweight prospects collided as Jared Vanderaa (9-3) faced Renan Ferreira (5-2).
Vanderaa was looking for his first win in LFA after going 0-2 in his appearances so far in the promotion. The 27-year-old challenged for the heavyweight title in 2017, but lost to Richard Odoms via submission in the fifth round. His most recent LFA showing was at LFA 35, where he dropped a unanimous decision to Vernon Lewis. Since that loss, Vanderaa bounced back in EFC Worldwide, earning three knockout victories and the EFC Worldwide heavyweight title along the way.
Ferreira is an absolute monster at heavyweight, standing at 6’10” inches tall and weighing 250 pounds. The Brazilian made his LFA debut at LFA 70, but lost via disqualification after hitting his opponent, Brett Martin, with illegal blows to the back of Martin’s head. Ferreira looked good in the bout however, hurting Martin multiple times which earned him another shot in LFA. The 29-year-old has never gone the distance and has finished all of his five wins via knockout.
Also on the card is a bantamweight battle in the co-main event between Bas Rutten protégé Ryan Lilley (10-4) and fellow prospect Kevin Wirth (7-1). Additionally, California prospects and former LFA title-challengers Moses Murrietta (8-2) and Vince Cachero (6-1) both return.
LFA 74: Vanderaa vs. Ferreira Results:
- Renan Ferreira def. Jared Vanderaa via Submission (Triangle Choke), Round 2, 2:37
- Kevin Wirth def. Ryan Lilley via Unanimous Decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
- Lucas Rota def. Moses Murrietta via Knockout (Punches), Round 1, 0:24
- Liudvik Sholinian def. Vincent Cachero via Split Decision (26-30, 29-28, 29-28)
- Salvador Becerra def. Steve Kozola via Unanimous Decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-27)
- Leandro Gomes def. Anthony Jimenez via Submission (Kneebar), 3:05
- Spike Carlyle def. Matthew Colquhoun via Knockout (Spinning Backfist), Round 1, 3:58
- Jason Allen def Kasen Matsch via Submission (Rear Naked Choke), Round 1, 1:29 – amateur.
- Jeffery Craig def. Robert Pearlman via Split Decision (29-28, 29-28, 28-29) – amateur.