CFFC 74 was live May, 17, 2019 from the Hard Rock Hotel & Casino in Atlantic City, New Jersey. The live results are below.
CFFC, also known as Cage Fury Fighting Championship returned for their 74th event at the Hard Rock Hotel & Casino in Atlantic City, New Jersey on Friday.
In the main event, CFFC featherweight champion Pat Sabatini faces Brazil’s Fabricio Oliveira for the featherweight title. Sabatini is a top prospect in the Northeast, with his only losses coming to fellow prospects Robert Watley and Jose Mariscal. Sabatini’s a submission specialist, with 80% of his wins coming via way of submission. Most recently, he defended the featherweight title for the first time against Da’Mon Blackshear via unanimous decision at CFFC 71. Meanwhile, Oliveira has been competing on the regional scene in Brazil where he’s only lost one of his last five bouts. He most recently drew to Luis Nogueira last October.
In the co-main event, top prospects face off in a 160-pound catchweight contest as Cesar Balmaceda faces Sidney Outlaw. The bout was originally supposed to be for the interim lightweight title, which Balmaceda held. However, both men couldn’t make the lightweight limit and it has been moved to a catchweight clash. Balmaceda is undefeated at 6-0, with all of husbands victories coming inside the CFFC cage. His only loss, professional or amateur was to UFC fighter Mike Trizano back in 2014. Most recently, Balmaceda needed 104 seconds to knockout Damian Morris at CFFC 71. Outlaw, has won seven straight, including an appearance on Dana White’s Tuesday Night Contender Series back in 2017. Most recently, Outlaw submitted Zach Fears via first-round Armbar at Island Fights 51.
Sabatini, Balmaceda and Outlaw featured in the Weekly prospect report amongst other legit prospects.
Also in action, is 11-1 Joey Pierotti, and Troy Sterling, the brother of UFC contender Aljamain Sterlling.
The broadcast is live on UFC Fight Pass.
CFFC 74: Sabatini vs. Oliveira live results:
- Pat Sabatini (C) def. Fabricio Oliveira by Submission (Rear-Naked Choke), Round 2, 1:45 – for the CCFC featherweight title (4×5).
- Sidney Outlaw def. Cesar Balmaceda by Submission (Rear-Naked Choke), Round 1, 2:30
- Joey Pierotti def. Manny Walo by Knockout (Elbow), Round 2, 4:52
- Matthew Semelsberger def. Zulkarnaiyn Kamchybekov by Split Decision (29-28, 28-29, 29-28)
- Ryan Cafaro def. Michael Lawrence by Submission (Guillotine Choke), Round 2, 3:18
- Joey Tizzano def. Troy Sterling by Unanimous Decision (30-27, 29-28, 29-28)
- Charalampos Grigoriou def. Cody Hier by Technical Knockout (Leg Kicks), Round 1, 2:05
- Mark Trader def. BJ Young by Technical Submission (Triangle Choke), Round 1, 2:11
- Eddy Torres def. Jacob Dorman by Technical Submission (Rear-Naked Choke), Round 1, 3:20
- Sergio DeBari def. Jordan Titoni by Unanimous Decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
- Brandon Davis def. Miguel Junior Diaz by Unanimous Decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)