One of the bouts at UFC Ottawa has suffered a shake-up as The Ultimate Fighter 28 semifinalist, Leah Letson will no longer be competing against Sarah Moras. Instead, she’ll be replaced by that season’s winner, Macy Chiasson.
At UFC 235 last month, the undefeated Ultimate Fighter season 28 featherweight winner, Macy Chiasson (4-0), made her 135-pound bantamweight debut and did so rather impressively.
Chiasson would face Gina Mazany and end up dispatching of the Alaskan in just under two minutes with a big knockout win. Now, she’s back and looking for another.
Originally scheduled to face Leah Letson at UFC Ottawa on May 4 was the TUF 18 alumni, Sarah “Cheesecake” Moras (5-4). However, Letson has since been pulled from the bout due to medical issues. Thus leading to Chiasson stepping in.
— UFC Canada (@UFC_CA) April 3, 2019
For Canada’s Moras, this will be just her sixth fight in the UFC since joining the roster in late 2013. Since then she has gone 2-3 and currently rides a two-fight losing streak that has seen her suffer back-to-back losses to the likes of Lucie Pudilova and Talita Bernardo. Chiasson, on the other hand, hopes to score her fourth career win by finish.
As for the rest of UFC Ottawa, the card is all but finalized as Walt Harris now needs a new opponent after Aleksei Oleinik has gone to fill in for Alexander Volkov against Alistair Overeem. The card’s full line-up can be seen below.
- Lightweight – 155lbs: Al Iaquinta vs. Donald Cerrone
- Middleweight – 185lbs: Derek Brunson vs. Elias Theodorou
- Featherweight – 145lbs: Cub Swanson vs. Shane Burgos
- Heavyweight – 207-265lbs: Arjan Bhullar vs. Juan Adams
- Bantamweight – 135lbs: Sarah Moras vs. Macy Chiasson
- Bantamweight Brad Katona vs. Merab Dvalishvili
- Middleweight: Marc-Andre Barriault vs. Andrew Sanchez
- Bantamweight: Mitch Gagnon vs. Brian Kelleher
- Bantamweight: Aiemann Zahabi vs. Vince Morales
- Welterweight – 170lbs: Nordine Taleb vs. Siyar Bahadurzada
- Heavyweight: TBD vs. Walt Harris
- Featherweight: Kyle Nelson vs. Matt Sayles