Heavyweights will main event a UFC APEX event as Jairzinho Rozenstruik and Shamil Gaziev meet in the octagon on March 2.
First reported by Eurosport NL.
Rozenstruik (13-5) will enter the octagon ranked #12 in the UFC hoping to avoid a losing streak. He’s coming off a submission loss to Jailton Almeida in May 2023. Rozenstruik began his UFC career on a 4-fight win streak, but a run in with former heavyweight champion Francis Ngannou ended that.
Since then he’s gone 3-4 with losses to Cyril Gane, Curtis Blaydes, Alexander Volkov and Almeida. This fight will mark his 6th main event spot in his UFC career.
Gaziev (12-0) continues his undefeated streak coming off a TKO victory over Martin Buday at UFC 296 in his promotional debut.
Gaziev will look to earn a number next to his name when he takes on the 12th ranked Rozenstruik in Las Vegas.
Other fights set for the UFC APEX event on March 2:
- Muhammad Mokaev vs. Alex Perez
- Yanis Ghemmouri vs. Vinicius Oliveira
- Abdul-Kareem Al-Selwady vs. Loik Radzhabov
- Eryk Anders vs. Jamie Pickett
- Joel Alvarez vs. Ludovit Klein
- Javid Basharat vs. Aiemann Zahabi
- Josefine Knutsson vs. Julia Polastri
- Brendon Marotte vs. Mohammad Yahya
- Tyson Pedro vs. Vitor Petrino
- Stephen Erceg vs. Matt Schnell
- Christian Duncan vs. Claudio Ribeiro