Las Vegas, NV – Georges St-Pierre is back, but not in the cage, he will make his return to competition as part of the UFC Fight Pass Invitational grappling event in Dec. this year.
The UFC made the announcement on Thursday.
St-Pierre last competed in the promotion in 2017 when he defeated them champion Michael Bisping for the middleweight title at UFC 217.
Since then he’s been all over the martial arts scene training with John Danaher’s Death Squad that includes the likes of Gordon Ryan who GSP considers as the greatest grappler of all time. He’s also made appearances at Karate Combat among other promotions.
He now returns to the UFC as part of the Fight Pass Invitational.
What drove GSP to the FIGHT PASS Invitational mat?! pic.twitter.com/wFYmpTfiSb
— UFC FIGHT PASS (@UFCFightPass) July 6, 2023
St-Pierre said he’s been feeling the itch of competition lately, and at 42-years-old, the best way for him to compete is in grappling.
“I’m 42-years-old…because I felt at the end when I retired I was training, but I like the kick of competition, you know,” St-Pierre told Brendan Fitzgerald in front of a crowd at the T-Mobile Arena during the special announcement on Thursday.
“I’d like to get it back. I’d like to feel the adrenaline again.”
No word on who potential opponents will be or if he will be part of a tournament at the event.