While UFC Jacksonville has gained a fight in the form of Zhalgas Zhumagulov vs. Josh Van, as reported yesterday, two other fights attached to the June 24 card have been modified.
Originally slated to face Victor Martinez at the VyStar Veterans Memorial Arena, undefeated lightweight Trevor Peek (8-0, 1NC) will instead get a replacement opponent in Jose Mariscal (13-6). Sedrique Dumas (7-1), meanwhile, had been scheduled to face Punahele Soriano, but with the Hawaiian withdrawing from the fight, “SD” Dumas now takes on Cody Brundage (8-4).
Promotion officials announced the news via the UFC’s official website recently.
No specific reason was given for the removal of either fighter from their respective bouts. UFC Jacksonville’s main card is set to air on broadcast network ABC, making the event UFC on ABC 5. Dumas vs. Brundage is scheduled for the main card currently, while Peek vs. Mariscal is scheduled for the prelims.
The bout order has not yet been finalized however.
As it stands, the full UFC Jacksonville line-up now breaks down as follows:
- Josh Emmett vs. Ilia Topuria
- Amanda Ribas vs. Maycee Barber
- Cody Brundage vs. Sedriques Dumas
- David Onama vs. Gabriel Santos
- Brendan Allen vs. Bruno Silva
- Neil Magny vs. Philip Rowe
- Zhalgas Zhumagulov vs. Joshua Van
- Austen Lane vs. Justin Tafa
- Randy Brown vs. Wellington Turman
- Mateusz Rębecki vs. Loik Radzhabov
- Tabatha Ricci vs. Gillian Robertson
- Trevor Peek vs. Jose Mariscal
- Jamall Emmers vs. Jack Jenkins
- Tatsuro Taira vs. Kleydson Rodrigues