Russian bantamweight Irina Alekseeva will make her UFC debut later this month.
In a recent press release, promotion officials announced that Alekseeva (4-1) will face Stephanie Egger (8-3) at the UFC’s April 29 Fight Night event. The card is set to take place at the Apex in Las Vegas, airing on ESPN+ in the U.S.
Alekseeva, 32, carries the nickname “Russian Ronda” and previously competed for Bellator MMA. She turned pro in 2019, winning her first three fights. In her most recent action, she picked up a unanimous decision win over Stephanie Page at Bellator 269 in October of 2021.
Switzerland’s Egger is 3-1 in her last four fights, and is coming off a submission victory against Argentina’s Ailin Perez. While that performance came at featherweight, it’s back to 135lbs for Egger’s fight with Alekseeva.
The UFC’s April 29, 2023 Fight Night card is headlined by lightweight contenders Arman Tsarukyan and Renato Moicano. The following match-ups have been reported for the event thus far:
- Arman Tsarukyan vs. Renato Moicano
- Caio Borralho vs. Michał Oleksiejczuk
- Rodolfo Vieira vs. Cody Brundage
- Emily Ducote vs. Polyana Viana
- Marcos Rogério de Lima vs. Waldo Cortes-Acosta
- Joshua Quinlan vs. Ange Loosa
- Martin Buday vs. Jake Collier
- Julian Erosa vs. Fernando Padilla
- Natan Levy vs. Pete Rodriguez
- Cody Durden vs. Charles Johnson
- Stephanie Egger vs. Irina Alekseeva
- Brian Kelleher vs. Journey Newson
- Hailey Cowan vs. Jamey-Lyn Horth