There were no misses at the scale during Friday morning’s official UFC San Antonio weigh-ins, but that does not mean things went smoothly.
After Hailey Cowan vs. Tamires Vidal was scratched from the card on Thursday, the Fight Night event lost another fight Friday morning.
That bout would have seen Manuel Torres paired up in lightweight action against Trey Ogden. However, promotion officials announced during the weigh-in window that Torres was out of a fight, and the match-up off the books.
“Due to a medical issue, Manuel Torres has been removed from his lightweight bout with Trey Ogden,” a brief statement released later in the morning read. “As a result, this bout has been cancelled from this weekend’s card.”
A 2021 Contender Series winner, Torres (13-2) made his UFC debut last year, defeating Frank Camacho by knockout in May. He has not competed since.
Trey Ogden (16-5) is 1-1 inside the octagon thus far, and coming off a win over Daniel Zellhuber in September that saw Ogden become the first man to defeat the Mexican.
UFC San Antonio, taking place at the AT&T Center on Saturday, March 25, 2023 now moves forward with the following match-ups:
- Marlon Vera vs. Cory Sandhagen
- Holly Holm vs. Yana Santos
- Nate Landwehr vs. Austin Lingo
- Andrea Lee vs. Maycee Barber
- Chidi Njokuani vs. Albert Duraev
- Alex Perez vs. Manel Kape
- Daniel Pineda vs. Tucker Lutz
- Steven Peterson vs. Lucas Alexander
- Trevin Giles vs. Preston Parsons
- C.J. Vergara vs. Daniel da Silva
- Victor Altamirano vs. Vinicius Salvador