The upcoming UFC Vegas 70 card is down a fight as of Thursday.
A bantamweight match-up between Garrett Armfield and Jose Johnson had been expected for the Fight Night event, set to go down this Saturday at the UFC Apex in Las Vegas, Nevada.
However, on Thursday, TSN was first to report that Johnson had been pulled from the fight due to medical issues. The official line-up for the event was also updated to reflect the change.
No word as to what medical issue Johnson was experiencing has been reported.
Jose Johnson (15-7) had been set to make his promotional debut in the fight, after winning his way into the UFC on Dana White’s Contender Series last year. Johnson, who beat Cage Warriors vet Jack Cartwright on the show, holds notable wins over Mo Miller and Dulani Perry on the regional circuit.
Armfield (8-3) had been looking to bounce back from a loss to David Onama in his own promotional debut.
UFC Vegas 70, topped by light heavyweights Nikita Krylov and Ryan Spann, now moves forward with the following match-ups:
- Nikita Krylov vs. Ryan Spann
- André Muniz vs. Brendan Allen
- Augusto Sakai vs. Don’Tale Mayes
- Tatiana Suarez vs. Montana De La Rosa
- Mike Malott vs. Yohan Lainesse
- Jasmine Jasudavicius vs. Gabriella Fernandes
- Jordan Leavitt vs. Victor Martinez
- Joe Solecki vs. Carl Deaton III
- Ode’ Osbourne vs. Charles Johnson
- Rafael Alves vs. Nurollo Aliev
- Hailey Cowan vs. Ailin Perez
- Erick Gonzalez vs. Trevor Peek