Having signed with the UFC last year, undefeated (now former) LFA strawweight champ Jaqueline Amorim has her octagon debut set.
Amorim (6-0) will face Sam Hughes (7-5) as part of UFC 287 on April 8, 2023. The Pay-Per-View event takes place at the Miami-Dade Arena in Miami, Florida, topped by a rematch between middleweight champion Alex Pereira and rival Israel Adesanya.
Cageside Press confirmed the booking following an initial report by Meni Mayer.
Capturing the LFA 115lb title in style with a kneebar submission against Loveth Young, IBJJF champ Amorim returned to defend her title in September. In the first and only defense of her LFA championship, she submitted Ashley Nichols via armbar.
Amorim signed with the UFC later the same month.
Sam Hughes had a two-fight win streak snapped in her last outing, losing a unanimous decision opposite Piera Rodriguez. Prior to that, she had won a majority decision against Istela Nunes, then stopped Elise Reed, leaving “Sampage” with a 2-1 record in 2022.
April 8, 2023’s UFC 287 card will also feature the return of Jorge Masvidal, in a welterweight co-main event with Gilbert Burns. The following fights have been reported for the event:
- Alex Pereira (c) vs. Israel Adesanya — for the UFC middleweight championship
- Gilbert Burns vs. Jorge Masvidal
- Kevin Holland vs. Santiago Ponzinibbio
- Raul Rosas Jr. vs. Christian Rodriguez
- Rob Font vs. Adrian Yanez
- Gerald Meerschaert vs. Joe Pyfer
- Shayilan Nuerdanbieke vs. Steve Garcia
- Ignacio Bahamondes vs. Nikolas Motta
- Kelvin Gastelum vs. Chris Curtis
- Cynthia Calvillo vs. Lupita Godinez
- Michelle Waterson vs. Luana Pinheiro
- Michael Chiesa vs. Li Jingliang
- Sam Hughes vs. Jaqueline Amorim