A late withdrawal due to illness has left Saturday night’s UFC Vegas 68 preliminary card down a scrap.
German Mandy Bohm (7-2) has withdrawn from her women’s flyweight fight with South Korea’s Ji Yeon Kim (9-6-2), which was scheduled to be the third bout of the evening at the Fight Night event.
UFC officials announced the news in a brief statement on Saturday.
“Due to illness, Mandy Bohm has been removed from her flyweight bout with Ji Yeon Kim. As a result, this bout has been removed from tonight’s card.”
No further details on the nature of Bohm’s illness have been released. Having previously competed for TKO and Bellator MMA, Bohm was in search of her first UFC victory in the bout. She’s dropped her first two fights in the promotion to Ariane Lipski and Victoria Leonardo.
Kim has lost four straight, but several electrifying scraps saw her hang on to her roster spot despite that slump.
UFC Vegas 68, which takes place at the Apex in Las Vegas on Saturday, February 4, now moves forward with the following bouts:
- Derrick Lewis vs. Serghei Spivac
- Jung Da-un vs. Devin Clark
- Marcin Tybura vs. Blagoy Ivanov
- Doo-ho Choi vs. Kyle Nelson
- Yusaku Kinoshita vs. Adam Fugitt
- Jeka Saragih vs. Anshul Jubli
- Lee Jeong-yeong vs. Yi Zha
- Toshiomi Kazama vs. Rinya Nakamura
- Choi Seung-guk vs. Park Hyun-sung
- Park Jun-yong vs. Denis Tiuliulin
- Tatsuro Taira vs. Jesús Aguilar