Trevin Jones has landed a five-star opponent for his next fight. A former UFC bantamweight champion, in fact.
Jones (13-9, 1NC) has stepped up to replace Julio Arce against Cody Garbrandt (12-5) at UFC 285 this March. The card takes place at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada on March 4.
Garbrandt confirmed news of the booking on social media following an initial report by ESPN.
“No Love” will look to bounce back from two straight losses in the fight. The former UFC bantamweight champ has been in a tailspin of late, going 1-5 dating back to 2017, when he lost his title to T.J. Dillashaw.
Jones has also struggled in recent times, losing three straight bouts. In his most recent outing last October, he dropped a decision against Raoni Barcelos.
March 4, 2023’s UFC 285 is headlined by the return of Jon Jones, who moves to heavyweight to face Ciryl Gane for the promotion’s vacant heavyweight title. Valentina Shevchenko returns in the co-headliner, defending her women’s flyweight championship against Mexico’s Alexa Grasso.
The following match-ups have been reported for the event:
- Jon Jones vs. Ciryl Gane – for the vacant UFC heavyweight championship
- Valentina Shevchenko (c) vs. Alexa Grasso – for the UFC women’s flyweight championship
- Jalin Turner vs. Dan Hooker
- Geoff Neal vs. Shavkat Rakhmonov
- Bo Nickal vs. Jamie Pickett
- Derek Brunson vs. Dricus du Plessis
- Ian Garry vs. Song Kenan
- Viviane Araújo vs. Amanda Ribas
- Julian Marquez vs. Marc-André Barriault
- Jessica Penne vs. Tabatha Ricci
- Da’Mon Blackshear vs. Farid Basharat
- Kamuela Kirk vs. Esteban Ribovics
- Cody Garbrandt vs. Trevin Jones
- Cameron Saaiman vs. Leomana Martinez