Max Holloway will make his return to the octagon when he faces Arnold Allen in the main event of a UFC event on April 15.
The pairing was first reported by ESPN.
Holloway (23-7) is coming off a championship loss to current featherweight title holder Alexander Volkanovski at UFC 276 in July 2022. He is 2-3 in his last five bouts with all three losses to the current champion.
Allen (19-1) remains undefeated in his UFC run and is coming off a TKO victory over Calvin Kattar in October 2022. He holds wins over Kattar, Dan Hooker, Sodiq Yusuff, Nik Lentz and Gilbert Melendez.
The UFC Fight Night event on April 15 is currently set as follows.
- Max Holloway vs. Arnold Allen – Main Event
- Edson Barboza vs. Billy Quarantillo – Co-Main Event
- Chris Gutierrez vs. Pedro Munhoz
- Dustin Jacoby vs. Azamat Murzakanov
- TJ Brown vs. Bill Algeo
- Gillian Robertson vs. Piera Rodriguez
- Lando Vannata vs. Daniel Zellhuber
- Bruna Brasil vs. Denise Gomes
- Martin Buday vs. Jake Collier
- Joselyne Edwards vs. Lucie Pudilova
- Batgerel Danaa vs. Brady Hiestand
- Gaston Bolanos vs. Aaron Phillips
A location for the event has not been announced as of this posting.
The current champion is moving up to lightweight to challenge Islam Makachev and an interim fight between Josh Emmett and Yair Rodriguez is set for UFC 284. As a result, Holloway and Allen may be fighting for a possible shot at the featherweight crown in April.