Unless there is a massive change over the next few weeks, it looks like you can forget about Jon Jones vs. Stipe Miocic happening at UFC 282.
While none other than Jones himself suggested that December 10, 2022 would be the date for his heavyweight debut, the newly released official poster for the UFC 282 card suggests otherwise. The only fighters featured, in fact, are the pair expected to headline the event: light heavyweight champ Jiri Prochazka and former champion Glover Teixeira.
The 𝐎𝐅𝐅𝐈𝐂𝐈𝐀𝐋 poster for #UFC282 coming in hot 🔥
— UFC (@ufc) November 8, 2022
The pair are running it back in an immediate rematch, following their June meeting at UFC 275. While Prochazka came away with the submission win and the belt, he had been soundly beaten through four rounds by Brazil’s Teixeira, who had been attempting his first title defense.
Glover immediately began campaigning for a rematch following the bout, with Prochazka welcoming the opportunity to silence any doubt about who was the better man.
UFC 282 takes place at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada on December 10, with the following fights reported for the UFC’s final PPV event of 2022:
- Jiří Procházka (c) vs. Glover Teixeira – for the UFC light heavyweight championship
- Jan Błachowicz vs. Magomed Ankalaev
- Paddy Pimblett vs. Jared Gordon
- Robbie Lawler vs. Santiago Ponzinibbio
- Bryce Mitchell vs. Ilia Topuria
- Alexander Gustafsson vs. Ovince Saint Preux
- Raul Rosas Jr. vs. Jay Perrin
- Darren Till vs. Dricus du Plessis
- Jairzinho Rozenstruik vs. Chris Daukaus
- Edmen Shahbazyan vs. Dalcha Lungiambula
- Billy Quarantillo vs. Alexander Hernandez
- Chris Curtis vs. Joaquin Buckley
- T.J. Brown vs. Erik Silva
- Ronnie Lawrence vs. Cameron Saaiman
- Vinicius Salvador vs. Daniel da Silva