In the wake of Bryce Mitchell vs. Movsar Evloev falling through, the UFC has changed courses as far as its November 5, 2022 main event is concerned.
During Saturday’s UFC 280 broadcast, promotion officials announced that UFC Vegas 64 would feature a new main event, featuring women’s strawweights Amanda Lemos (12-2-1) and Marina Rodriguez (16-1-2).
While the bout was previously announced for the card, its promotion to the headlining spot was necessitated by Evloev withdrawing from the original main event slot against Mitchell, which had been a hotly anticipated match-up of undefeated featherweights.
Rodriguez has won four straight heading into the card, most recently capturing a split decision against Yan Xiaonan at UFC 272 in March. The Brazilian’s only loss as a professional came to current UFC women’s strawweight champion Carla Esparza in July of 2020.
Lemos returned to the win column this past July, beating Michelle “The Karate Hottie” Waterson. Prior to that, she had pulled main event duty in April against ex-champ Jessica Andrade, only to end up submitted.
UFC Vegas 64 takes place November 5, 2022 at the UFC Apex in Las Vegas, Nevada. The following bouts are expected to feature on the card:
- Marina Rodriguez vs. Amanda Lemos
- Tagir Ulanbekov vs. Nate Maness
- Neil Magny vs. Daniel Rodriguez
- Darrick Minner vs. Shayilan Nuerdanbieke
- Polyana Viana vs. Jinh Yu Frey
- Tamires Vidal vs. Ramona Pascual
- Benito Lopez vs. Mario Bautista
- Johnny Muñoz Jr. vs. Liudvik Sholinian
- Miranda Maverick vs. Shanna Young
- Jake Hadley vs. Carlos Candelario
- Chase Sherman vs. Josh Parisian
- Maxim Grishin vs. Jailton Almeida