The UFC 280 card in Abu Dhabi this October has added a royal twist.
The “Elbow Queen” Lina Lansberg (10-6) is set to face Karol Rosa (15-4) in a women’s bantamweight contest at the Pay-Per-View event on October 22, 2022. UFC officials announced the match-up on Tuesday.
Bantamweights coming to #UFC280 in Abu Dhabi!
— UFC Europe (@UFCEurope) August 16, 2022
Lansberg, 40, will be looking to snap a two-fight skid in the bout. She last competed against Pannie Kianzad in April, dropping a unanimous decision. Prior to that, she fell to Sara McMann, also going the distance but ultimately losing a decision.
Joining the UFC in 2016 and debuting against Cris Cyborg, Lansberg has compiled a 4-5 record through nine fights with the promotion. She holds notable wins over The Ultimate Fighter 28 winner Macy Chiasson, and former Invicta FC champ Tonya Evinger.
Brazil’s Rosa, 27, saw a six-fight win streak snapped when she was defeated by Sara McMann this past March. Rosa is 4-1 in the UFC overall, and holds a win over former title challenger Bethe Correira.
UFC 280 takes place at the Etihad Arena in Abu Dhabi on October 22, and sees two title fights headlining the show. The following bouts have been reported for the event thus far:
- Charles Oliveira vs. Islam Makhachev – for the vacant UFC lightweight championship
- Aljamain Sterling (c) vs. T.J. Dillashaw – for the UFC bantamweight championship
- Nikita Krylov vs. Volkan Oezdemir
- Beneil Dariush vs. Mateusz Gamrot
- Katlyn Chookagian vs. Manon Fiorot
- Belal Muhammad vs. Sean Brady
- Marina Rodriguez vs. Amanda Lemos
- Makhmud Muradov vs. Caio Borralho
- Petr Yan vs. Sean O’Malley
- Zubaira Tukhugov vs. Lucas Almeida
- Malcolm Gordon vs. Muhammad Mokaev
- Abubakar Nurmagomedov vs. Gadzhi Omargadzhiev
- Armen Petrosyan vs. A.J. Dobson
- Lina Lansberg vs. Karol Rosa