Next month’s UFC San Diego has a new addition, after Nate Landwehr lost his opponent for a fight earlier in the month.
With Zubaira Tukhugov out of an August 6 date with Landwehr, David Onama has stepped up to face “The Train” in a featherweight match-up at UFC San Diego. Iridium Sports Agency announced Onama’s involvement Wednesday, with the fighter himself later confirming the booking.
MMA Junkie had earlier reported that Tukhugov was experiencing difficulties securing a visa to fight in the U.S. UFC San Diego takes place on August 13, just a week after Landwehr vs. Tukhgov was originally scheduled.
Onama (10-1) fought earlier this month, picking up a submission win over short-notice replacement Garrett Armfield. The victory marked Onama’s second straight inside the octagon; he’s 2-1 with the company overall.
Landwehr (15-4), a former M-1 champ, has traded wins and losses since joining the UFC in 2020. He’s 2-2, and will enter UFC San Diego off a win over Ľudovít Klein.
The August 13 Fight Night event is headlined by bantamweights Marlon Vera and Dominick Cruz. The following fights have been reported for the card:
- Marlon Vera vs. Dominick Cruz
- Alexa Grasso vs. Viviane Araújo
- Malcolm Gordon vs. Allan Nascimento
- Aspen Ladd vs. Sara McMann
- Devin Clark vs. Azamat Murzakanov
- Gerald Meerschaert vs. Bruno Silva
- Martin Buday vs. Łukasz Brzeski
- Cynthia Calvillo vs. Nina Nunes
- Yazmin Jauregui vs. Iasmin Lucindo
- Gabriel Benítez vs. Charlie Ontiveros
- Nate Landwehr vs. David Onama