Bellator 285 just added the Battle of the Karls.
While it’s the Battle of the Rafaels going down this Saturday at UFC Vegas 58, September’s Bellator show in Dublin, Ireland will feature Karl Albrektsson (13-3) taking on Karl Moore (9-2) in a light heavyweight showdown. Additionally, a welterweight match-up between Dante Schiro (9-3) and Luca Poclit (7-1) has been added to the event.
Promotion officials recently announced the additions via press release.
Albrektsson, a Swedish standout who formerly competed for RIZIN Fighting Federation, has won his last four fights, two of which have been under the Bellator MMA banner. He recently signed a new deal with the promotion, and looks to be a big part of its 205 pound weight class moving forward.
Ireland’s Moore, a BAMMA and Cage Warriors veteran, made his Bellator debut last time out, defeating Lee Chadwick by split decision. He’s getting a big step up in competition in September against Albrektsson, who holds wins over current light heavyweight champion Vadim Nemkov and the champ’s brother, Viktor.
Dante Schiro is 1-1 inside the Bellator cage to date, losing a decision on short notice against Logan Storley, then bouncing back with a third round TKO of Scotty Hao. He gets the debuting Poclit, who has won seven straight after dropping his pro debut.
Bellator 285 takes place on September 23, 2022 at the 3Arena in Dublin, Ireland. A lightweight match-up between former UFC champ Benson Henderson and Ireland’s Peter Queally headlines. The following fights have been announced for the event thus far:
- Benson Henderson vs. Peter Queally
- Melvin Manhoef vs. Yoel Romero
- James Gallagher vs. Brett Johns
- Mads Burnell vs. Pedro Carvalho
- Leah McCourt vs. Dayana Silva
- Ciaran Clarke vs. Georges Sasu
- Brian Moore vs. Arivaldo Lima da Silva
- Karl Albrektsson vs. Karl Moore
- Darragh Kelly vs. Kye Stevens
- Georgi Karakhanyan vs. Kane Mousah
- Kenny Mokhonoana vs. Alex Bodnar
- Luca Poclit vs. Dante Schiro