This Saturday’s UFC Vegas 58 has undergone some late changes, losing one fight, while another sees an opponent step in on short notice.
For starters, a middleweight scrap featuring Jamie Pickett taking on Denis Tiuliulin has been scratched from the card. Twitter’s Prodigy DFS first reported the news, noting the plan was to move the fight to September. MMA Junkie’s Nolan King later reported that UFC 279 on September 10 was the anticipated landing spot, though bout agreements have not been signed.
David Onama, who was supposed to face Austin Lingo at UFC Vegas 58 in a featherweight contest, has a new opponent awaiting him. Albeit a familiar one. With Lingo withdrawing, Onama (9-1) will face promotional newcomer Garrett Armfield (8-2). Armfield enters the UFC off the strength of a three-fight win streak, having finished all three of those fights.
The pair first met back in their amateur days in 2018, in a fight that saw Onama pick up a unanimous decision victory. Another Twitter account, Shayhandicappin, was first to report the new booking.
UFC Vegas 58 takes place this Saturday, July 9, 2022 at the Apex in Las Vegas. A lightweight fight between Rafael dos Anjos and Rafael Fiziev headlines. The following bouts are currently reported for the event:
- Rafael dos Anjos vs. Rafael Fiziev
- Caio Borralho vs. Armen Petrosyan
- Said Nurmagomedov vs. Douglas Silva de Andrade
- Jared Vanderaa vs. Chase Sherman
- Michael Johnson vs. Jamie Mullarkey
- Cynthia Calvillo vs. Nina Nunes
- Aiemann Zahabi vs. Ricky Turcios
- Antonina Shevchenko vs. Cortney Casey
- Cody Brundage vs. Tresean Gore
- Karl Roberson vs. Kennedy Nzechukwu
- Ronnie Lawrence vs. Saidyokub Kakhramonov
- David Onama vs. Garrett Armfield