There has been a major shake-up to Bellator 283 later this month.
Originally slated to have Patricky Pitbull defending his title against Sidney Outlaw in its main event, the Tacoma, Washington-based card has seen the Brazilian champ withdraw due to injury. As a result, Outlaw has a new opponent in Tofiq Musayev, while the previously announced co-main event between Douglas Lima and Jason Jackson has been promoted.
That welterweight affair will now be five rounds, and serve as the Bellator 283 main event.
Promotion officials announced the news in a press release on Tuesday.
For Outlaw (16-4), this change is obviously a blow to his title aspirations, as gold will no longer be on the line. As luck would have it, however, Musayev’s own opponent, Adam Piccolotti, was also forced off the card, leaving the former RIZIN champ in need of a dance partner. Musayev (18-4) will be making his promotional debut in the fight.
In addition to those changes, another fight has been changed up ahead of Bellator 283. Justin Montalvo (5-0) was originally booked opposite Vladimir Tokov, but with Tokov out, he now gets Archie Colgan (4-0).
Viktor Nemkov vs. Jose Augusto, meanwhile, has been scrapped entirely due to an undisclosed injury suffered by Nemkov.
The full Bellator 283 line-up as it currently stands breaks down as follows:
- Douglas Lima vs. Jason Jackson
- Sidney Outlaw vs. Tofiq Musayev
- Usman Nurmagomedov vs. Chris Gonzalez
- Lorenz Larkin vs. Mukhamed Berkhamov
- Davion Franklin vs. Marcelo Golm
- Romero Cotton vs. Dalton Rosta
- Veta Arteaga vs. Vanessa Porto
- Gadzhi Rabadanov vs. Bobby King
- Jaylon Bates vs. Mark Coates
- Roman Faraldo vs. Luis Iniguez
- Justin Montalvo vs. Archie Colgan
- Kai Kamaka III vs. Akhmed Magomedov
- Ethan Hughes vs. Kevin Hand