Bellator 283 goes down on July 22, and sees the promotion make its debut in Tacoma, Washington.
With the event quickly approaching, a number of key match-ups have now been announced for the card. On Tuesday, Bellator officials confirmed via press release that a main card welterweight bout between Lorenz Larkin (24-7) and Mukhamed Berkhamov (15-1) had been added to the event, in a fight that will see Larkin return to 170 pounds after a stint at middleweight.
MMA Junkie previously reported the booking.
In addition to Larkin vs. Berkhamov, a heavyweight scrap featuring undefeated prospect Davion Franklin (5-0) taking on UFC vet Marcelo Golm (9-3) has been added to the card. The fight will almost certainly be Franklin’s toughest test to date. Golm, who made his promotional debut last year, will be looking for his second straight win in the Bellator cage, and fourth overall.
Golm posted a 1-3 record in the UFC from 2017 to 2019.
Among the other additions to the July card are familiar names including Jaylon Bates and Kai Kamaka III. Bellator 283 is headlined by a lightweight title fight between champ Patricky Pitbull and challenger Sidney Outlaw. The card as announced by the promotion breaks down as follows:
- Patricky Freire (c) vs. Sidney Outlaw – for the Bellator MMA lightweight championship
- Douglas Lima vs. Jason Jackson
- Usman Nurmagomedov vs. Chris Gonzalez
- Lorenz Larkin vs. Mukhamed Berkhamov
- Davion Franklin vs. Marcelo Golm
- Viktor Nemkov vs. Jose Augusto
- Adam Piccolotti vs. Tofiq Musayev
- Romero Cotton vs. Dalton Rosta
- Veta Arteaga vs. Vanessa Porto
- Gadzhi Rabadanov vs. Bobby King
- Jaylon Bates vs. Mark Coates
- Roman Faraldo vs. Luis Iniguez
- Vladimir Tokov vs. Justin Montalvo
- Ethan Hughes vs. Kevin Hand
- Kai Kamaka III vs. Akhmed Magomedov
Bellator 283 takes place at the Emerald Queen Casino in Tacoma, Washington on July 22, 2022, with the main card airing on Showtime in the U.S. following online prelims.