When the UFC touches down at the Apex on July 9, veteran Michael Johnson will once again be in action.
Johnson (20-17) is set to face Australian Jamie Mullarkey (14-5) in a lightweight clash at UFC Vegas 58 on July 9, 2022. Multiple sources confirmed the booking to Cageside Press on Friday, following an initial report by Twitter user Bendaman2001.
Johnson got back in the win column earlier this year, snapping a four-fight skid dating back to 2019 win a with over Alan Patrick. “The Menace” scored a second-round KO against the Brazilian at UFC Vegas 54 in May.
Mullarkey recently had a two-fight win streak snapped when he fell to Jalin Turner. The 27-year old is 2-3 in the UFC to date, and earned a Performance of the Night bonus for his October 2021 TKO of Devonte Smith.
The UFC’s July 9, 2022 Fight Night event is set for the Apex in Las Vegas, Nevada and will be headlined by lightweights Rafael dos Anjos and Rafael Fiziev. The following bouts have been reported for the card:
- Rafael dos Anjos vs. Rafael Fiziev
- Caio Borralho vs. Armen Petrosyan
- Cynthia Calvillo vs. Nina Ansaroff
- Aiemann Zahabi vs. Ricky Turcios
- Ronnie Lawrence vs. Saidyokub Kakhramonov
- Tresean Gore vs. Cody Brundage
- Antonina Shevchenko vs. Cortney Casey
- Said Nurmagomedov vs. Douglas Silva de Andrade
- Jamie Pickett vs. Abdul Razak Alhassan
- Maryna Moroz vs. Sijara Eubanks
- Austin Lingo vs. David Onama
- Karl Roberson vs. Kennedy Nzechukwu
- Michael Johnson vs. Jamie Mullarkey