RIZIN 36 will head to the island of Okinawa in Japan this July.
In a press release distributed on Friday, RIZIN Fighting Federation officials announced their next event, the promotion’s seventh of 2022. The show will take place on July 2 at the Okinawa Arena.
“We are very excited to be back in Okinawa after a successful regional debut,” RIZIN CEO Nobuyuki Sakakibara was quoted as saying in the press release announcing RIZIN 36. “We will be having several local stars from legends to prospects who are motivated to showcase their skills on a major platform. We are excited to put on an event with full capacity and continue coming back to the wonderful island of Okinawa.”
Sakakibara would go on to state the promotion is hoping to produce seven to eight more events this year, with plans to “pick up the pace” starting this summer.
Among the fights announced on Friday for RIZIN 36, former bantamweight champion Kai Asakura (19-4) will return to action, taking on South Korea’s Yan Ji Yeon (4-0). Ji Yeon, who also went undefeated as an amateur, previously competed for ROAD FC.
A full 13 fights have been announced for the event, with 11 MMA match-ups, and two kickboxing contests. They are:
- Kai Asakura vs Yan Ji Yeon
- Kohei Tokeshi vs Atsushi Kishimoto
- Tanner Lourenco vs Oriya Oshiro
- Hiroaki Suzuki vs Ren Hiramoto
- Sora Yamamoto vs Kyle Aguon
- Yutaro Muramoto vs BJ
- Yuki Ito vs Yuichi Miyagi
- Yamato Fujita vs Tatsuya So
- Mitsuhisa Sunabe vs Nobuyoshi Nakatsukasa
- Saori Oshima vs Miyuu Yamamoto
- Nisse vs Suda Moeri
- Katsumi Miyagi vs Yuki Yoshino – kickboxing
- Taiga vs Soichiro Mita – kickboxing