With Josh Fremd out of the fight due to injury, middleweight Cody Brundage is stepping up to take his place against Tresean Gore this July.
Brundage (7-2) is now set to face TUF 29 alum Gore (3-1) at the UFC’s July 9, 2022 Fight Night event. Sherdog’s Tudor Leonte was first to report news of the switch, which was later confirmed by Brundage on social media.
A 28-year old fighting out of Factory X, Brundage will enter the bout off his first win in the UFC. After dropping his debut against Nick Maximov last year, the former Lights Out light heavyweight champ bounced back with a guillotine choke submission of Dalcha Lungiambula this past March.
Gore had qualified as a finalist in The Ultimate Fighter 29’s middleweight tournament last year, only to be forced out due to injury. He instead made his UFC debut in February against the man he would have faced in the finale, Bryan Battle. Gore ended up losing a decision in what was billed as “the real TUF 29 finale” by many.
The UFC’s July 9, 2022 Fight Night card does not have a venue, location, or broadcast plan officially announced. A lightweight match-up featuring former champ Rafael dos Anjos against Rafael Fiziev, originally booked for earlier this year, is expected to headline.
The following bouts have been reported for the event thus far:
- Rafael dos Anjos vs. Rafael Fiziev
- Ronnie Lawrence vs. Saidyokub Kakhramonov
- Nina Nunes vs. Cynthia Calvillo
- Antonina Shevchenko vs. Cortney Casey
- Said Nurmagomedov vs. Douglas Silva de Andrade
- Jamie Pickett vs. Abdul Razak Alhassan
- Caio Borralho vs. Armen Petrosyan
- Rani Yahya vs. Cody Garbrandt
- Maryna Moroz vs. Sijara Eubanks
- Austin Lingo vs. David Onama
- Cody Brundage vs. Tresean Gore