The UFC has booked a featherweight clash for their return to Austin, Texas next month.
“I have five weeks left and I can’t wait to get back in the cage,” Chavez wrote, noting that it’s been almost a year since he last fought.
Chavez last competed in July of 2021, fighting to a draw against Hawaiian Kai Kamaka III. Overall, Chavez is 1-1-1 inside the octagon, with a win in his debut against T.J. Brown followed by a loss to Jared Gordon.
Brazil’s Ramos has been with the UFC since 2017, amassing a 6-3 record. He last competed in October, dropping a decision to Zubaira Tukhugov at UFC 267 in Abu Dhabi. Going 1-1 in 2021, he also picked up a win over Bill Algeo.
Ramos is 2-2 since returning to the featherweight division in 2019, after a stint as a bantamweight.
UFC Austin is set to take place on June 18, 2022 at the Moody Center in Austin, Texas. The card is set to be headlined by featherweights Calvin Kattar and Josh Emmett, with the line-up breaking down as follows:
- Calvin Kattar vs. Josh Emmett
- Court McGee vs. Jeremiah Wells
- Joaquin Buckley vs. Albert Duraev
- Kevin Holland vs. Tim Means
- Jasmine Jasudavicius vs. Natália Silva
- Damir Ismagulov vs. Guram Kutateladze
- Maria Oliveira vs. Gloria de Paula
- Eddie Wineland vs. Cody Stamann
- Roman Dolidze vs. Kyle Daukaus
- Phil Hawes vs. Deron Winn
- Julian Marquez vs. Gregory Rodrigues
- JP Buys vs. Cody Durden
- Donald Cerrone vs. Joe Lauzon
- Adrian Yanez vs. Tony Kelley
- Danny Chavez vs. Ricardo Ramos