South Korea’s Kyung Ho Kang has a new opponent for June’s UFC 275.
Originally paired up with Saimon Oliveira, Kang (17-9, 1NC) will now face Danaa Batgerel (12-3) at the event, set to take place in Singapore on June 12, 2022.
Kang will be looking to bounce back from a November 2021 loss to Rani Yahya in the fight. That defeat snapped a three-fight winning streak that “Mr. Perfect” had compiled, though all three of those wins came back in 2019. The South Korean bantamweight missed all of 2020; the Yahya fight had initially been booked for earlier in 2021, but was pushed back due to COVID-19 protocols.
Batgerel also saw a three-fight winning streak halted recently, care of a Chris Gutierrez spinning back fist. That came at UFC Columbus last month; prior to that setback, the Mongolian fighter had put up wins over Guido Cannetti, Kevin Natividad, and Brandon Davis.
UFC 275, which takes place at the Singapore Indoor Stadium in Kallang, Singapore, is set to be headlined by a pair of title fights. The main event sees Glover Texeira put his light heavyweight title on the line against top contender Jiri Prochazka, while Valentina Shevchenko once again looks to defend women’s flyweight gold in the co-feature, this time against Brazil’s Taila Santos.
The following bout have been reported for the card thus far:
- Glover Teixeira (c) vs. Jiří Procházka – for the UFC Light Heavyweight Championship
- Valentina Shevchenko (c) vs. Taila Santos – for the UFC Women’s Flyweight Championship
- Zhang Weili vs. Joanna Jędrzejczyk
- Marvin Vettori vs. TBD
- Jacob Malkoun vs. Brendan Allen
- Liang Na vs. Silvana Gómez Juárez
- Joselyne Edwards vs. Ramona Pascual
- Orion Cosce vs. Mike Mathetha
- Ramazan Emeev vs. Jack Della Maddalena
- Kyung Ho Kang vs. Danaa Batgerel