The lightweight match-up between Michael Johnson and Alan Patrick originally scheduled for UFC 274 on May 7 has been pushed back a week.
Johnson (19-17) and Patrick (15-3, 1NC) will now face off at the UFC’s May 14, 2022 Fight Night event in Las Vegas. No reason for the move has been reported. Patrick confirmed the new date on social media. Brazil’s Combate was first to report the match-up.
Michael “The Menace” Johnson will be looking to snap a career-worst four-fight losing streak when he enters the octagon next month. Johnson last competed in February 2021, losing a unanimous decision to Clay Guida. Prior to that, he dropped fights to Josh Emmett, Stevie Ray, and Thiago Moises.
Patrick is coming off a No Contest in a fight with Mason Jones, the result of an accidental eye poke. The Brazilian had lost two bouts prior to that match-up, and is 5-3, 1NC overall in the UFC.
The UFC’s May 14, 2022 Fight Night event is set to take place at the Apex in Las Vegas, with former light heavyweight champ Jan Blachowicz facing Aleksandar Rakic in the main event. The following bouts are attached to the card:
- Jan Błachowicz vs. Aleksandar Rakić
- Katlyn Chookagian vs. Amanda Ribas
- Davey Grant vs. Louis Smolka
- Jake Hadley vs. Allan Nascimento
- Viviane Araújo vs. Andrea Lee
- Frank Camacho vs. Manuel Torres
- Daniel Pineda vs. Jamall Emmers
- Angela Hill vs. Virna Jandiroba
- Nick Maximov vs. Andre Petroski
- Ryan Spann vs. Ion Cuțelaba
- Michael Johnson vs. Alan Patrick