Chase Sherman is returning to the UFC for at least one more go.
After Tanner Boser dropped out of the fight due to injury, Sherman is stepping up to take his place against Alexander Romanov at this weekend’s UFC Vegas 52 card. Romanov confirmed the booking on his Instagram Story, following an initial report by MMA Fighting.
It was barely a week ago that news broke of Sherman (15-9) being released by the promotion for the second time. “The Vanilla Gorilla” has struggled over the past two years, compiling a 1-3 record in his second stint with the UFC. He’s lost his last three fights, most recently being submitted by Jake Collier back in January.
A disappointed Boser announced he was out of the event on Monday. “Hey guys, I’m injured and off the card this weekend. I pulled out of the fight late last week,” the Canadian wrote on social media. “I’ve fought through many injuries in the past and I’ve never pulled out of a fight before. This really sucks. Having trouble hitting that 30th pro fight. Hopefully I can soon.”
Romanov (15-0) is undefeated in both his career, and through four fights in the UFC. He last saw action in October, defeating Jared Vanderaa by TKO.
UFC Vegas 52 is headlined by a strawweight clash between former champ Jessica Andrade and the surging Amanda Lemos. Taking place at the UFC Apex on April 23, 2022, the event currently consists of the following reported match-ups:
- Amanda Lemos vs. Jéssica Andrade
- Clay Guida vs. Claudio Puelles
- Lando Vannata vs. Charles Jourdain
- Maycee Barber vs. Montana De La Rosa
- Manel Kape vs. Su Mudaerji
- Jordan Wright vs. Marc-André Barriault
- Dwight Grant vs. Sergey Khandozhko
- Tyson Pedro vs. Ike Villanueva
- Qileng Aori vs. Cameron Else
- Marcin Prachnio vs. Philipe Lins
- Dean Barry vs. Mike Jackson
- Alexander Romanov vs. Chase Sherman