A pair of UFC bantamweights have been booked the throw down in May.
On Friday, Iridium Sports Agency announced that their clients Vince Morales and Jonathan Martinez will fight on May 21 at a yet-to-be-announced UFC event. A source close to the situation was able to confirm the bantamweight match-up to Cageside Press.
Morales (11-5) has finally hit his stride in the UFC after going 1-3 in his first four fights in the promotion. In his last outing, he starched Louis Smolka in two minutes at UFC on ESPN: Font vs. Aldo. Before that, he returned from a layoff after tearing his Achillies to defeat Drako Rodriguez at UFC 265. The 31-year old was scheduled to face Nathaniel Wood on short notice at UFC London; however, he wasn’t cleared due to an illness.
Martinez (15-4) is riding a two-fight win streak since getting knocked out at the beginning of 2021. He is coming off a unanimous decision over Alejandro Perez in February, and before that, he handed Zviad Lazishvili his first professional loss.
🚨 #TeamIridium Fight News 🚨
— IridiumSportsAgency (@TeamIridiumISA) April 15, 2022
The UFC’s May 21, 2022 event is expected to take place at the UFC Apex. No broadcast plan has been announced as of yet.
The May fight card currently breaks down as follows:
- Ketlen Vieira vs. Holly Holm
- Ben Rothwell vs. Alexander Gustafsson
- Santiago Ponzinibbio vs. Michel Pereira
- Felipe Colares vs. Chase Hooper
- Tabatha Ricci vs. Polyana Viana
- Omar Morales vs. Uros Medic
- Joseph Holmes vs. Alen Amedovsk
- Jailton Almeida vs. Maxim Grishin
- Duško Todorović vs. Chidi Njokuani
- Vince Morales vs. Jonathan Martinez