Brazil’s Joanderson Brito is set to take on Andre Fili later this month.
Brito (12-3-1) will face “Touchy” Fili (21-8) in a featherweight fight at the UFC’s April 30 event at the Apex, numerically UFC Vegas 53. Brito announced the news on social media on Sunday.
The fight finds Brito seeking his first win inside the octagon, after falling short in his promotional debut back in January. That saw Brito lose a unanimous decision against Bill Algeo.
Brito won his way into the UFC on Dana White’s Contender Series last year, defeating Diego Lopes in a technical decision. Prior to the loss to Algeo, Brito had posted a 12-fight unbeaten streak, going 11-0-1 in that span.
Andre Fili last competed in June 2021, but saw his fight against Daniel Pineda end in a No Contest due to an accidental eye poke. One fight previous, Fili had dropped a decision to surging featherweight talent Bryce Mitchell.
UFC Vegas 53 is set to be headlined by a bantamweight match-up featuring Rob Font up against Marlon “Chito” Vera. The following fights have been reported for the April 30, 2022 event:
- Rob Font vs. Marlon Vera
- Tatsuro Taira vs. Carlos Candelario
- Gabriel Green vs. Yohan Lainesse
- Darren Elkins vs. Tristan Connelly
- Gina Mazany vs. Shanna Young
- Daniel da Silva vs. Francisco Figueiredo
- Antonina Shevchenko vs. Cortney Casey
- Mike Breeden vs. Natan Levy
- Jessica Penne vs. Luana Pinheiro
- Justin Tafa vs. Jake Collier
- Krzysztof Jotko vs. Gerald Meerschaert
- Jared Gordon vs. Grant Dawson
- Andre Fili vs. Joanderson Brito