A lightweight bout with both fighters looking for their second consecutive win has been added to the UFC’s April 23, 2022 Fight Night event.
Iridium Sports Agency was first to announce that Steve Garcia (12-4) will face Damir Hadzovic (14-6) on the card this April. Garcia, represented by Iridium, also confirmed the booking on social media.
Appearing on Dana White’s Contender Series in 2019, Garcia won his fight — but was not granted a UFC deal. Instead, he went back to the regional circuit, picking up a win at LFA 80 the following year, then stepping in to face Luis Pena on short notice at UFC Norfolk.
He’d lose his debut against “Violent Bob Ross” by decision, but bounced back last year, picking up a TKO win over Charlie Ontiveros.
From 2013 to 2017, Garcia competed seven times for Bellator MMA.
Hadzovic, like Garcia, is coming off a single win, against Yancy Medeiros last June. The Bosnian fighter joined the promotion in 2016, and recently signed a new deal. Overall, he’s posted a 4-4 record inside the octagon.
The UFC’s April 23, 2022 event is expected to be held at the Apex in Las Vegas. The following bouts have been reported for the event:
- Amanda Lemos vs. Jéssica Andrade
- Tanner Boser vs. Rodrigo Nascimento
- Qileng Aori vs. Cameron Else
- Louis Cosce vs. Preston Parsons
- Clay Guida vs. Claudio Puelles
- Mike Jackson vs. Dean Barry
- Montana De La Rosa vs. Maycee Barber
- Tyson Pedro vs. Ike Villanueva
- Manel Kape vs. Su Mudaerji
- Dwight Grant vs. Sergey Khandozhko
- Charles Jourdain vs. Lando Vannata
- Damir Hadžović vs. Steve Garcia