A pair of UFC heavyweights are set to clash in April.
Eurosport was first to report the news that Justin Tafa and Jake Collier will fight on April 30 at a yet-to-be-announced UFC event. A source close to the situation later confirmed the heavyweight booking to Cageside Press.
Tafa (5-3) snapped his two-fight losing streak in his last outing when he knocked out Harry Hunsucker in under two minutes at UFC Fight Night: Lewis vs. Daukaus. The fight had plenty of controversy surrounding it, as Tafa became the first heavyweight to miss weight in the history of the UFC. So far, the “Bad Man” is 2-3 in the promotion.
Collier (13-6) got back into the win column himself recently, as he defeated Chase Sherman in January via first-round submission. The longtime UFC veteran has alternated wins and losses his entire UFC career and will be looking to snap that streak. Since moving to heavyweight, he is 2-2.
The UFC’s April 30, 2022, Fight Night event is expected to take place at the Apex in Las Vegas, Nevada. No main event has been announced for the show as of yet.
The following fights have been reported for the card:
- Gina Mazany vs. Shanna Young
- Daniel da Silva vs. Francisco Figueiredo
- Antonina Shevchenko vs. Cortney Casey
- Mike Breeden vs. Natan Levy
- Yohan Lainesse vs. Gabriel Green
- Jessica Penne vs. Luana Pinheiro
- Tatsuro Taira vs. Carlos Candelario
- Darren Elkins vs. Tristan Connelly
- Justin Tafa vs. Jake Collier
- Krzysztof Jotko vs. Gerald Meerschaert