A middleweight throwdown has been lined up for the UFC’s April 30, 2022 Fight Night event.
Meerschaert, who turned pro in 2007 and joined the UFC in 2016, is currently riding his best streak in the promotion. In his past three fights, he’s picked up wins over Bartosz Fabinski, Makhmud Muradov, and Dustin Stoltzfus. Impressively, all three have come inside the distance, and all three via submission.
The Wisconsin-based fighter earned a Performance of the Night bonus for two of those victories.
Krzysztof Jotko (23-5) will enter the bout off a split decision win over Misha Cirkunov last October. The 32-year old is 4-1 in his last five trips to the octagon, with the lone loss in that span coming to current middleweight contender Sean Strickland.
The UFC’s April 30, 2022 Fight Night event is expected to take place at the Apex in Las Vegas, Nevada. Currently, the following fights have been reported for the card:
- Gina Mazany vs. Shanna Young
- Daniel da Silva vs. Francisco Figueiredo
- Antonina Shevchenko vs. Cortney Casey
- Mike Breeden vs. Natan Levy
- Yohan Lainesse vs. Gabriel Green
- Jessica Penne vs. Luana Pinheiro
- Tatsuro Taira vs. Carlos Candelario
- Darren Elkins vs. Tristan Connelly
- Justin Tafa vs. Jake Collier
- Krzysztof Jotko vs. Gerald Meerschaert