After her UFC 272 pairing with Jessica Eye fell through, French flyweight Manon Fiorot will face a different opponent later this month.
On Tuesday, Jennifer Maia (19-8-1) confirmed reports that she would face Fiorot (8-1) at UFC Columbus on March 26. MMA Junkie was first to report the news.
Fiorot’s anticipated fight with former challenger Eye fell through when the latter dropped out of the bout due to injury. Despite Eye suggesting that she would be back to training shortly, the UFC has opted to to go a different route with Fiorot, who is undefeated through three UFC fights thus far.
The 32-year old from Nice, France known as “The Beast” has not lost a fight since her pro debut, which came against current Bellator featherweight Leah McCourt.
Maia, a former Invicta FC champ and UFC title challenger, will mark Fiorot’s toughest test to date. The Brazilian will be looking to bounce back from a loss to Katlyn Chookagian in the fight; prior to that setback, Maia had captured a win over Fiorot’s would-be opponent Jessica Eye.
UFC Columbus takes place March 26, 2022 at the Nationwide Arena in Columbus, Ohio. The card currently shapes up as follows:
- Curtis Blaydes vs. Chris Daukaus
- Sara McMann vs. Karol Rosa
- Tucker Lutz vs. Seungwoo Choi
- Askar Askarov vs. Kai Kara-France
- Bryan Barberena vs. Matt Brown
- Nate Landwehr vs. Lerone Murphy
- Max Griffin vs. Neil Magny
- Alexa Grasso vs. Joanne Wood
- Aliaskhab Khizriev vs. Abusupiyan Magomedov
- David Dvorak vs. Matheus Nicolau
- Marc Diakiese vs. Viacheslav Borshchev
- Luis Saldana vs. Bruno Souza
- Ilir Latifi vs. Aleksei Oleinik
- Danaa Batgerel vs. Chris Gutierrez
- Jennifer Maia vs. Manon Fiorot