The UFC’s April 16, 2022 Fight Night event has added a tantalizing welterweight match-up.
That fight will see exciting strikers Elizeu Zaleski dos Santos and Mounir Lazzez throw down. MMA Fighting was first to report news of the booking, with both fighters subsequently confirming the pairing on social media.
Brazil’s dos Santos (23-7) was last seen in action against Benoît St. Denis. The UFC 267 fight was a lopsided beatdown with a trio of 29-26 scores for dos Santos, made worse when you factor in the point he was deducted in the third round for an unintentional low blow.
After putting together a seven-fight win streak from 2016 to 2019, dos Santos has traded wins and losses across his last four fights.
Mounir Lazzez (10-2), a Tunisian fighting out of Dubai, won his promotional debut against Abdul Razak Alhassan in 2020. He returned to the octagon last year, only to be stopped in the opening round by TUF Brazil winner Warlley Alves.
The UFC’s April 16 event has no location, venue, or broadcast plan announced just yet. The following fights have been reported for the card thus far:
- Vicente Luque vs. Belal Muhammad
- Rafa García vs. Jesse Ronson
- Melsik Baghdasaryan vs. T.J. Laramie
- Drakkar Klose vs. Brandon Jenkins
- Miguel Baeza vs. Dhiego Lima
- Chris Barnett vs. Martin Buday
- Caio Borralho vs. Gadzhi Omargadzhiev
- Lina Länsberg vs. Pannie Kianzad
- Uriah Hall vs. André Muniz
- Elizeu Zaleski dos Santos vs. Mounir Lazzez